SCC Home » Student Services » Financial Aid » Cal Grant / Chafee
Cal Grant and Chafee Grant Awards
- New Cal Grant applicants must submit by March 2:
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) AND
- Grade Point Average (GPA) Verification form to the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC).
- Special Note: Solano Community College Admissions & Records Office will prepare GPA verifications for electronic transmission based upon units completed or transferred in to SCC as follows:
- 16 – 24 units for Re-established GPA
- 24 + units for College GPA
- Renewal Cal Grant applicants must submit by March 2:
- FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
- Note: Grade Point Average Verification NOT required for Renewal Cal Grant applicants
- Cash for College Workshops at Solano Community College – Get help to apply by March 2!
Every graduating high school senior who has at least a 3.0 grade point average, meets the Cal Grant financial and eligibility requirements, and applies on time will receive a Cal Grant A Entitlement award. The entitlement award covers full system-wide fees at UC and CSU campuses, and tuition and fee support at independent colleges.
Every graduating high school senior who has at least a 2.0 grade point average, meets the Cal Grant financial and eligibility requirements, and applies on time will receive a Cal Grant B Entitlement award.
Cal Grant C awards assist students in occupational or vocational programs with tuition and training costs. The $576 award is for books, tools, and equipment.
If you are or were in foster care and have financial need, you may qualify for up to $5,000 a year for career and technical training or college. You don't have to pay this money back. You may also be able to use your grant to help pay for child care, transportation and rent while you're in school. You can use your Chafee Grant at any eligible California college or university or career or technical school, as well as schools in other states.