SCC Home » Student Services » Financial Aid » Direct Loans
Direct LoansU.S. Department of Education Direct Loan Program
Solano Community College participates in the U.S. Department of Education Federal Direct Loan Program:
- Direct Subsidized Loans - are need-based loans for students, as determined by federal regulations. No interest is charged while you are in school at least half-time, during your grace period and during deferment periods.
- Direct Unsubsidized Loans - are non-need based loans for students as determined by federal regulations. Because this loan is not subsidized by the government, you are responsible for all interest which accrues during in-school, grace, and deferment periods.
- Private/Alternative Loans - are NOT CERTIFIED by Solano Community College.
2012-2013 Direct Loan application deadlines:
- Fall 2012 - November 15, 2012 was the last day to submit loan application for Fall 2012 semester.
- Spring 2013 - April 12, 2013 is the last day to submit loan application for Spring 2013 semester.
Direct Loan FAQ
Please read Recommended Resources below:
For an overview of Direct Loan information through the Department of Education’s website, please click on the link below:
Direct Loan Repayment Plans:
Direct Loan Deferment and Forbearance:
Default Management Awareness:
Financial Aid Literacy "FAB GAB":
Loan Entrance Counseling:
Loan Exit Counseling:
National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS):