SCC Home » Student Services » Financial Aid » EOPS
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS)
EOPS/CARE Applications for 2010-11 are now closed due to the status of the State Budget until further notice.
If you have any questions, please stop by the EOPS Office or call for further assistance.
Office hours for accepting new EOPS Applications: Monday-Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- EOPS Interest Letter - Sign up help
- Programs and Services
- Student Eligibility Criteria
- EOPS Application Form
- Office Hours
Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) at Solano College provides financially and educationally disadvantaged students with support services that include counseling, financial assistance, referrals, and assistance towards the purchase of their required textbooks. As a college success program, EOPS is designed to increase the success rate of students that are affected by socio-economic or language barriers. EOPS students will receive focused assistance related to their academic planning and career goals.
Counseling: EOPS counselors are trained professionally to provide academic, planning and personal counseling. Counselors will assist students with establishing educational and career goals. An Individual Education Plan (IEP) will be developed with the active involvement of each EOPS student. Assistance will be given with class scheduling and registration. The EOPS counselor will become the liaison with the Financial Aid Office for our EOPS students.
EOPS Book Service Program: The EOPS Program provides a Book Service Program to eligible EOPS students to help purchase some of their required textbooks. This program is offered to eligible continuing and new EOPS students.
Graduation Assistance: EOPS counselors will monitor each EOPS student's academic progress to ensure completion of graduation requirements.
Priority Registration: Current EOPS students will receive priority registration each semester.
Transfer Assistance: EOPS counselors will provide information to assist students to transfer to a four-year college or university. While working with the EOPS counselor, students will be encouraged to maximize their options to increase their chances for university success. Fee waivers for university admission application(s) will be provided. Application fee waivers are for current EOPS students only.
Workshops: Workshops for EOPS students will be conducted throughout the year.
In order for a student to be eligible for EOPS, they must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a California resident.
- Be enrolled full-time (12.0 units) when accepted into the EOPS Program.
- Have not completed more than 30-degree applicable units.
- Be approved for a Fee Waiver (A or B).
- Fee Waiver A - qqualify if receiving public benefits such as TANF/CalWORKs, SSI/SSP, General Assistance
- Fee Waiver B - qualify based on income
- Applied for the 2010-2011 Federal Aid (PELL Grant).
- Be educationally disadvantaged according to one or more of the following factors:
- Did not qualify at the college of attendance into the minimum level English or mathematic course that is applicable to an associate degree.
- Did not graduate from high school or did not obtain the General Education Diploma (GED).
- Graduated from high school with a grade point average below 2.50 on a 4.00 scale. Copies of high school transcript required for documentation.
- Was previously or currently enrolled in remedial courses.
If you feel you meet the criteria for the EOPS Program, please print and fill in an EOPS application form and bring it to the EOPS Office (Fairfield main campus, Building 400, Room 426).
If interested, please contact the Solano Community College's EOPS Office by calling (707) 864-7000 ext. 4444, our application is also on line at www.solano.edu or visit us in Room 426, for your EOPS Application.
Bldg 400, 2nd Floor, Room 426
Mon - Thurs 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Fri Closed for Summer