Solano College Library
Instructors can schedule library research orientations for their classes throughout the semester.
Orientations are held at the Fairfield campus in the Library's Bibliographic Instruction Classroom, at the Vallejo Center or the Vacaville campus (in your classroom), and virtually (for online courses). Library orientations can be tailored to meet your specific class needs or assignments while addressing aspects of library literacy and information competency.
Orientations may include instruction on:
- Identifying and using discipline-specific resources
- Using the online catalog to find books and other library materials
- Search strategies in the periodical databases
- Internet search and evaluation techniques
- General library research skills and citation methods
Library orientations are available to both day and evening instructors and are held during scheduled class time.
If you have any questions or would like schedule a library orientation, please contact Dr. Quent Carter, x 7238