SCC Home » Student Services » OrientationNew Online Orientation
OrientationWelcome to Solano Community College. Get a head start on college by attending Orientation. Studies show that students who attend orientation are more likely to be successful in college.
Students NOT required to take the online orientation include:
- Students who have completed an Associate Degree or higher
- Students who seek to enroll online in non-credit courses
- Students indicating an educational goal of:
- Job Skills – to maintain current job
- Personal Interest – not for employment
- Complete credits for High School
- Maintain a Certificate or License (for example, in Nursing, Real Estate)
If you do not wish to participate in the mandatory orientation, please contact Claudia Campos-Tenty (include your SCCID) at firstname.lastname@example.org to appeal.
New students who have completed assessment and orientation by May 5 will be eligible for early registration on May 8.
During the orientation you will learn information on the following:
- General Education requirements
- Transfer Agreement Guarantee (TAG)
- How to choose classes
- How to read class schedule and catalog
- How to register
- And how to plan your path to academic success