What Are You Looking For?
Find It Here
- A diagnostic program for my computer
- Drivers for my computer
- My device documentation
- Notebook System Software (NSS)
Drivers and Utilities CD (also known as ResourceCD)
NOTE: The Drivers and Utilities CD may be optional and may not ship with your computer.
Documentation and drivers are already installed on your computer. You can use the CD to reinstall drivers (see Reinstalling Drivers and Utilities) or to run the Dell Diagnostics (see Dell Diagnostics).
Readme files may be included on your CD to provide last-minute updates about technical changes to your computer or advanced technical-reference material for technicians or experienced users.
NOTE: Drivers and documentation updates can be found at support.dell.com.
- How to set up my computer
- Basic troubleshooting information
- How to run the Dell Diagnostics
- How to remove and install parts
Quick Reference Guide
NOTE: This document may be optional and may not ship with your computer.
NOTE: This document is available as a PDF at support.dell.com.
- Warranty information
- Terms and Conditions (U.S. only)
- Safety instructions
- Regulatory information
- Ergonomics information
- End User License Agreement
Dell Product Information Guide
- How to remove and replace parts
- How to configure system settings
- How to troubleshoot and solve problems
Dell Latitude User's Guide
Microsoft Windows XP Help and Support Center
- Click the Start button and click Help and Support.
- Click Dell User and System Guides and click System Guides.
- Click the User's Guide for your computer.
- Service Tag and Express Service Code
- Microsoft Windows License Label
Service Tag and Microsoft® Windows® License
These labels are located on the bottom of your computer.
- Use the Service Tag to identify your computer when you use support.dell.com or contact support. It is recommended that you keep a copy of the Service Tag in a secure location in case your computer is lost or stolen.
- Enter the Express Service Code to direct your call when contacting support.
- Solutions Troubleshooting hints and tips, articles from technicians, and online courses, frequently asked questions
- Community Online discussion with other Dell customers
- Upgrades Upgrade information for components, such as memory, the hard drive, and the operating system
- Customer Care Contact information, service call and order status, warranty, and repair information
- Service and support Service call status and support history, service contract, online discussions with support
- Reference Computer documentation, details on my computer configuration, product specifications, and white papers
- Downloads Certified drivers, patches, and software updates
- Notebook System Software (NSS) If you reinstall the operating system for your computer, you should also reinstall the NSS utility. NSS provides critical updates for your operating system and support for Dell 3.5-inch USB floppy drives, Intel® Pentium® M processors, optical drives, and USB devices. NSS is necessary for correct operation of your Dell computer. The software automatically detects your computer and operating system and installs the updates appropriate for your configuration.
Dell Support Website support.dell.com
NOTE: Select your region to view the appropriate support site.
To download Notebook System Software:
- Go to support.dell.com and click Downloads.
- Enter your Service Tag or product model.
- In the Download Category drop-down menu, click All.
- Select the operating system and operating system language for your computer, and click Submit.
- Under Select a Device, scroll to System and Configuration Utilities, and click Dell Notebook System Software.
- Software upgrades and troubleshooting hints Frequently asked questions, hot topics, and general health of your computing environment
Dell Support Utility
The Dell Support Utility is an automated upgrade and notification system installed on your computer. This support provides real-time health scans of your computing environment, software updates, and relevant self-support information. Access the Dell Support Utility from the
icon in the taskbar. For more information, see Accessing the Dell Support Utility.
- How to use Windows XP
- How to work with programs and files
- How to personalize my desktop
Windows Help and Support Center
- Click the Start button and click Help and Support.
- Type a word or phrase that describes your problem and click the arrow icon.
- Click the topic that describes your problem.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Information on network activity, the Power Management Wizard, hotkeys, and other items controlled by Dell QuickSet
Dell QuickSet Help
To view Dell QuickSet Help, right-click the
icon in the Microsoft® Windows® taskbar.
For more information on Dell QuickSet, see Dell QuickSet Features.
- How to reinstall my operating system
Operating System CD
NOTE: The Operating System CD may be optional and may not ship with your computer.
The operating system is already installed on your computer. To reinstall your operating system, use the optional Operating System CD. See Using the Operating System CD.
After you reinstall your operating system, use the Drivers and Utilities CD (ResourceCD) to reinstall drivers for the devices that came with your computer.
NOTE: The color of your CD varies based on the operating system you ordered.