The Transfer Center is a student support service which provides prospective transfer students with direction and assistance in navigating the transfer process. Obtaining regular assistance with transfer planning is essential for a successful transition to four-year universities and colleges. Some of the services we offer include connecting you with university representatives, holding transfer-related workshops and transfer fairs, helping you access information on transfer websites, assistance with researching colleges, and campus tours. Please visit our Center for guidance. We are here to help you!
How To Navigate Our Website
This website offers resources for students in every stage of the transfer process. We know some transfer terms and information can be brand-new and confusing, so please use the following information to help you navigate the pages on the left-hand menu on our website:
- The Events Calendar includes information about workshops, presentations, and other transfer-related activities.
- The Meet with a Representative page includes information about and resources for meeting with university representatives, as well as their availability.
- The Transfer Fair page includes information about recent and future Transfer Fairs, which are held once every Fall and Spring semesters. These fairs give you an opportunity to meet with university representatives from a wide range of schools.
- The General Education page is an archive for the CSU and IGETC general education patterns. Following these worksheets can help you meet the admissions requirements for CSUs, UCs, and other universities.
- The Steps to Transfer page takes you through the entire transfer process step by step. If you are new to the transfer process, or if you have applied to colleges and are wondering what happens next, you should start here.
- The Transfer Agreements page lists the various admissions agreements we have with public and private institutions inside and outside of California.
- The BA/BS at Solano page lists the programs that are offered either through Solano or at Solano that are great options for students looking to earn a 4-year degree and stay close to home.
- The Concurrent Enrollment page is an overview about our agreements with four-year institutions that allow eligible Solano students to take classes at their universities.
- The UC and CSU Resources page offers additional resources for students looking to transfer to UC and CSU.
- The Paying for College page includes information about scholarship and grant opportunities at 4-year universities.
Transfer Center Hours
Monday: 8AM-5PM (virtual services only)
Friday: 8AM-3PM (virtual services only)
Please see the calendar below for weekly walk-in and/or Zoom drop-in hours. These hours are subject to change so please view the calendar before visiting the Transfer Center.
Emily Burt, Transfer Center Coordinator
Phone: (707) 864-7158
Location: 400 Building, Room 402
Sign up for the Transfer Center Newsletter here: https://solanocc.wufoo.com/forms/solano-transfer-center-newsletter-signup/
Looking for an old edition? View the newsletter archive here.
Looking for the contact information for one of our university representatives? Fill out the interest form found at tinyurl.com/solanorepcontact and we can share the representative's contact information with you.
CBU Online Virtual On the Spot Admissions Day
Thursday, July 21st
On Thursday, July 21st, from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m., CBU will conduct a “Virtual On-the-Spot Admissions Day” for upcoming semesters.
The “Virtual On-the-Spot Admissions Day” is for admission into the undergraduate programs offered within the CBU online division. For a full list of CBU online degree programs, you can select the following: https://bit.ly/3bc3Lkd
Most students will have an admission decision on the day of the event and admissible students will walk away with financial advising and a general timeline for obtaining a bachelor’s degree at CBU. By participating in the “Virtual On-the-Spot Admissions Day”, application fees and recommendation letters will be waived.
Students interested in participating in “Virtual On-the-Spot Admissions Day,” should provide prior to the event:
- College transcripts (official or unofficial) from ALL other colleges attended
- General admission requirements:
- 24+ college-level semester units complete or in progress,
- Minimum 2.0 GPA for students
Official and unofficial transcripts can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students may be eligible for merit-based scholarships and need-based aid based on their 2022-2023 FAFSA.
In you are interested in transferring to CBU for the Spring 2022, Summer 2022, or Fall 2022 semester, please make your appointment for “On-the-Spot Admission Day” by clicking the virtual appointment link: https://bit.ly/3n4f6pa
For additional questions, please contact the CBU Online at 951-343-3900 or via email at email@example.com
Please note, this event is only for the FULLY ONLINE programs offered at CBU. If you are interested in a traditional main campus program (i.e., nursing), please contact: 951-343-4212
Virtual CSU and UC Week
CSU Week: 7/18-7/22
UC Week: 7/25-7/29
Join us for our virtual CSU and UC Week presentations! Learn more about the process of transfer and meet representatives from various CSU and UC campuses. Visit the Transfer Center Events Calendar for the full schedule and fill out our interest form to let us know which presentations you would like to attend and share any questions you have with our representatives. You can find this form here: https://solanocc.wufoo.com/forms/2022-csu-and-uc-week-interest-form/