SCC Home » Administration » Scholarship Foundation
- Scholarship Criteria
- Scholarship Application
- Information about the Scholarship Foundation
- The Scholarship Foundation
- General Scholastic Achievement Program
- Memorial/Special Endowment Program
- Board Members
- Students enrolled in vocational majors
- Dr. Marge Blaha Memorial Scholarship
- Robert T. Ford Science Scholarship
- Diane Muir Memorial Scholarship
The goal of the Foundation is the promotion of scholastic excellence by providing a program that will identify, recognize and reward outstanding scholars attending Solano College. Beginning with the three scholarships that were presented in 1974, the program has grown significantly. Scholarships are presented at an annual fall Awards Ceremony held at the end of September or early October. In 2012, awards totaling over $32,000 were presented to sixty four students.
The Scholarship Foundation administers the following two programs:
- The General Scholastic Achievement Program
The primary criterion for General Scholarship awards is scholastic excellence. General Scholarships are reserved for full-time students who have completed 24 units of graded units at Solano Community College and have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher.
- The Memorial and Special Endowment Programs
With the first memorial program starting in 1975, there are currently 68 programs established to honor and commemorate specific individuals or purposes. Most special programs have designated majors and/or other specific qualifying requirements that determine eligibility for consideration.
Memorial/Special Scholarships are awarded with a minimum endowment fund balance of $3000. Because the scholarships are funded by the interest earned on endowments, the amount of the annual scholarship varies with the market.