How to Apply
Fall 2022 application is now OPEN
How to Apply
Applying for EOPS is easy, but you need to be sure that you have read before the Eligibility Criteria and the Program Requirements. You also need to send all the Required Documentation after filling out your oficial application.
You will find the 2022-23 EOPS Application Form link at the bottom of this page. Read carefully below first.
EOPS Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for the EOPS Program, a SCC student must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a California resident or eligible for AB540 (Undocumented Students)
- Be enrolled full-time (12.0 units) when accepted into the EOPS Program.
- Have not completed more than 48-degree applicable units. Unofficial transcripts from previous college/s or school/s are required to be sent by email after submitting your EOPS Application.
- Be approved for a (BOG Fee Waiver) CCPG (Community College Promise Grant) A, B or
C with zero EFC.
- Fee Waiver A – Qualify if receiving public benefits such as TANF/CalWORKs, SSI/SSP, or General Assistance
- Fee Waiver B – Qualify based on Income
- Applied for the 2021-2022 Federal Aid - FAFSA Form (PELL Grant) or California Dream Act Application (CADAA).
- Be educationally disadvantaged according to one or more of the following factors:
- Did not qualify at the college of attendance into the minimum level English or mathematic course that is applicable to an associate degree. You are required to submit high school transcripts for Multiple Measure determination. EOPS will not use self-reporting for eligibility determination.
- Did not graduate from high school or did not obtain the General Education Diploma (GED).
- Graduated from high school with a grade point average below 2.50 on a 4.00 scale. Unofficial copies of high school transcripts must be send by email after submitting your EOPS Application.
- Was previously or currently enrolled in remedial courses.
- Match equity criteria (Undocumented Student, First generation student, ESL, underrepresented group, foster youth, etc.)
EOPS Program Requirements
Before submitting your application to the EOPS Program at Solano Community College, you need to read and understand the requirements that this state-funded program involves to maintain your eligibility and EOPS status. We will provide services, but you need to fulfill the state regulations to remain eligible for the EOPS Program.
If you are accepted into the program, you’ll sign a Mutual Responsibility Contract (MRC), in which you agree to comply with all the EOPS Program requirements listed below:
- Attend the EOPS Program Review (Orientation) to highlight program requirements and complete the EOPS Mutual Responsibility Contract (MRC)
- Meet with the EOPS counselor three times during each semester (Fall and Spring).
- Follow the Student Educational Plan (SEP) and the Mutual Responsibility Contract (MRC)
- Agree to make Academic Progress towards an educational goal – complete 6.0 units or above with a 2.0 Grade Point Average at the end of each semester.
- Submit all your Progress Reports during the Fall and Spring semesters for all classes you are registered to attend.
- Understand that the EOPS Program will serve you for 6 consecutive semesters or until the completion
of 70.0 degree-applicable units.
- Communicate with the EOPS staff any changes in your class schedule, address, telephone,
and other important information pertaining to your academic success.
If you agree with all these requirements, you can read the EOPS Eligibility Criteria and proceed to complete your EOPS application. Now, if you have any questions, please call our office (707-864-7000 ext. 4444.) or drop by the EOPS Office at Building 400, Room 426 (2nd Floor, next to the Financial Aid Office)
Application Required Documentation
After submitting your EOPS Application Form, be sure to send attached the required documentation listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org. (We will not process applications without these documents)
- High School Unofficial Transcripts (We will not process applications without this document). If the access to this document is impossible for you, you need to let us know at email@example.com
- Other Colleges Unofficial Transcripts (if applicable)