SCC Home » Student Services » Disability Services Program » Apply » Who is Eligible
Apply for Disability Services Program
To be eligible to receive services through DSP, you must:
- be enrolled at Solano College
- complete a DSP application for services have a disability that has been verified by
an appropriate professional
- have a disability that results in an educational limitation
- provide verification of your disability
- possess the ability to respond appropriately to questions, follow directions, and
demonstrate the potential to benefit from DSP programs and services
- demonstrate appropriate adaptive and/or self-help behavior. This includes providing
your own personal attendant care if needed. DSP staff will not provide this service.
- meet with a DSP specialist or counselor to establish a Student Educational Contract (SEC).
You may be eligible for programs or services from DSP if you have one or more of the following disabilities:
- Learning Disabilities
- Vision Disability
- Communication Disability (speech, language or hearing/deafness)
- Acquired Brain Impairment
- Developmentally Delayed Learners
- Psychological Disabilities
- Mobility/Physical Disability
- Other Disabilities
* An educational limitation is a disability-related functional limitation in the educational setting. An educational limitation prevents you from fully benefiting from classes, activities, or services offered to non-disabled students without specific, additional support services or instruction. DSP Services must be directly related to your educational limitation.