Paying for College
Jack Kent Cooke Transfer Scholarship
The Jack Kent Cooke Foundation Undergraduate Transfer Scholarship makes it possible for the nation’s top community college students to complete their bachelor’s degrees by transferring to a selective four-year college or university. The Foundation provides up to $40,000 per year to each of approximately 45 deserving students selected annually, making it the largest private scholarship for two-year and community college transfer students in the country.
Point Foundation National LGBTQ Scholarship Fund
View more information about this scholarship here.
Students will receive:
- Between $2,000 – 4,800 financial award each year
- Support and advice from a Point Alum who will serve as a “coach”
- Admissions counseling and financial education at the Point Community College Transfer Symposium in Los Angeles
- Access to Point Foundation network of LGBTQ scholars, more than 300 alumni, and many others dedicated to seeing LGBTQ students succeed
To Be Eligible:
- As of fall 2020, students must be enrolled or intending to enroll at an accredited community college in the United States including Hawaii and Alaska, in Fall 2020
- Students must have 1-2 years of community college left AND
- Students must be intending to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program at a four-year college or university for Fall 2021 or Fall 2022 admission
- OR graduate with an associate’s degree in Fall 2022
- Students must be “out” as a person who identifies as a member of the LGBTQ+ community
- Students must submit an application online. The application opened on March 1st, 2020. The application closes May 1st, 2020 at 11:30 pm (PST).